12 Jan 2012

January 5th A challenge is born

Picture the scene; a young, intrepid market researcher is at his desk, revelling in the joys of customer satisfaction questionnaire writing, when an inconspicuous email pops up in his inbox…it’s Tom, haven’t heard from him in a while… (the following is heavily paraphrased)

Tom: Murf, I’ve moved to your vicinity, we should go for a beer or curry sometime
Murf: I bloody love beer and I bloody love curry -as it’s a now 2012, a momentous year for our nation’s capital, would you like to help me fulfil my dream of sampling and reviewing all the curries of Tooting and writing a blog about it
Tom: I bloody love beer and I bloody love curry too. That sounds like the best idea I’ve heard this year [and probably ever]. Let’s go for a beer and a curry this Friday

…and the rest, as they say, is history…

In order to compare and contrast the curry house’s we visit we will be rating each of them using the following metrics (out of 10):

Venue
Sides and starters
Curry
Service
Value For Money
Total (out of 50)

Introducing the ‘The X Factor bonus'’ – this will be awarded to any establishment that goes above and beyond the call of duty in an area not covered within the traditional score card – the points awarded will be at the discretion of the judges, and, although a explanation will be provided, justification will not. Let me provide you with an example:

While in India the following dialogue takes place between a fellow traveller and a waiter:



‘Excuse me, do you speak English?’


‘Yes of course sir, how can I help?’


‘Does this *points to menu* contain nuts as I’m allergic and one nut will kill me?’


‘Okay sir, I will tell chef to give you nuts, would you like a rice or naan with that’



Award 5 points for comedy, remove 3 for inadvertently looking to kill customer overall X Factor score +2